Savoury Cheesecake with Chillilicious Red Pepper Chutney & Oatcakes
250g Chillilicious Red Pepper Chutney
150g cream cheese
4 red peppers
1 clove of garlic
1 gelatine leaf
- Melt butter. Crush oatcakes and mix in with now melted butter. Press mixture into flan rings and leave to set in fridge.
- Brush peppers with a little oil and season flesh. Roast peppers and place into a plastic bag, removing skin when cooled. Chop and saute garlic in a little oil.
- Soak gelatine leaf.
- Blend peppers with garlic and seasoning until smooth and heat with a little water. When hot, whisk in half a gelatine leaf.
- Mix cream cheese, blended peppers and pour over set oatcake bases and place in fridge while you make the topping.
- Heat up Chillilicious Red Pepper Chilli Chutney, mix with the other half of the gelatine leaf, pour over set filling and place back in fridge to set.
- Remove from flan ring and place on main course plate.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Recipe created by Nicole Cumming of SRUC Elmwood College
Runner Up of The Chillilicious Cook Off 2014