Sticky Toffee Truffles with Chillilicious Mango & Apple Chilli Chutney
1½ tsp Chillilicious Mango & Apple Chilli Chutney
200g sticky toffee pudding sponge (pre-made)
1 tsp drinking chocolate
6 tbsp coconut
Condensed milk to bind
- Blitz the pudding sponge in a blender until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add drinking chocolate and blend together.
- Transfer the mix into a bowl and add just enough condensed milk to bind the mixture into a large dough like ball.
- Add the Chillilicious Mango & Apple Chilli Chutney and mix in thoroughly.
- Roll the mixture into small bite-sized truffle balls.
- Toast coconut under the grill or in a dry frying pan until lightly browned, set aside to cool.
- Once coconut has cooled, roll the truffle balls evenly in the coconut.
- Place truffle balls on a plate and leave in the fridge to firm up for an hour.
- Once set, sit back and enjoy. Sharing is optional!
Recipe created by Jamie Pullar of SRUC Elmwood College
Runner Up of The Chillilicious Cook Off 2012