Wild Garlic Panna Cotta with Chillilicious Mango & Apple Chutney
225g Chillilicious Mango & Apple Chilli Chutney
2 sheets of gelatine
4 wild garlic leaves
200g white wine vinegar
100g caster sugar
100g fuji mushrooms
20g fresh grated parmesan
8 wild garlic flowers
2 small moulds (or ramekins)
- Bring cream to boil in a pan, add the gelatine sheets and stir until dissolved.
- Roughly chop wild garlic leaves and place in a pan of boiling water for 10 seconds to soften. Drain and remove from water.
- Add the leaves, Chillilicious Mango & Apple Chilli Chutney and cream into a food processor and blitz for 20 seconds.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve and into another bowl. Stir while it cools down and starts to thicken.
- As the mixture gets thicker, pour into the moulds and put in the fridge to set.
- While waiting for the panna cotta to set, roughly chop the shallots and mushrooms.
- Add mushrooms, shallots, vinegar, and sugar into a pan and bring to the boil until sugar has dissolved. Take off heat and set aside to cool and infuse.
- To serve, tip mould upside down on a plate to remove panna cotta, top with mushrooms, shallots and a tbsp of the juice. Garnish with wild garlic flowers and a sprinkling of fresh parmesan. Yum!
Recipe created by Spud Henderson of SRUC Elmwood College
Runner Up of The Chillilicious Cook Off 2013