'Chilled Out' Mousse with Chillilicious Chilli Chocolate
50g Chillilicious Chilli Chocolate Bar
200g After Eight chocolates
3 eggs (separated)
1/4 pint of cream (whipped)
4 clean recycled jam jars
- Melt After Eight chocolates in a heat proof bowl above a pan of boiling water.
- Whisk egg whites until frothy. Separately whisk the egg yolks and sugar.
- Add the Chillilicious Chilli Chocolate to the bowl of melted chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Add in both the egg whites and egg yolk mix to the heated chocolate mix and stir. Remove mix from heat.
- Combine the chocolate mix and cream, fold together. Decant into serving jars and leave in a chilled area to set.
- Enjoy as a delicious dessert or a naughty treat!
Recipe created by Linzi Birrell of SRUC Elmwood College
Runner Up of The Chillilicious Cook Off 2015