Chocolate Mousse Crunch with Chillilicious Apple & Pear Chutney
1 tsp Chillilicious Apple & Pear Chilli Chutney
200g milk chocolate
100g melted butter
4 eggs - separated
4 tbsp caster sugar
200g digestive biscuits
1 can of whipped cream
4 empty, clean jam jars
- Melt the chocolate, 50g of butter and Chillilicious Apple & Pear Chilli Chutney together in a pan. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then stir in the egg yolks.
- Whisk the egg whites and caster sugar until stiff.
- Gently fold the chocolate mixture and whisked egg whites together.
- To make the ‘crunch’ layers, melt the remaining butter then blitz it with the digestive biscuits in a food processor for approx 20 seconds.
- Into each jam jar, spoon a layer of crunch mixture, then a layer of the chocolate mixture. Repeat process of a layer of crunch and a layer of chocolate until jars are filled or you run out of crunch and chocolate!
- Place the jars in the fridge for 10 minutes then remove and skoosh a generous helping of whipped cream on top of each dessert.
- To finish grate a small amount of orange zest to the top of the whipped cream.
Recipe created by Jamie Pullar of SRUC Elmwood College
Winner of The Chillilicious Cook Off 2013