Leek & Goats Cheese Pickle Tartlette with Chillilicious Cheeky Chillililli
2 tbsp Chillilicious Cheeky Chillililli
200g shortcrust pastry
100g full-fat goat's cheese
2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs
150ml single cream
- Roll out the pastry thinly. Line the tarlette tins and chill for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Bake the cases blind for approximately 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 190 degrees.
- Wash, slice and dry the leeks. Quickly sweat them off in a little butter to begin the cooking process. Put aside to cool.
- Place the cheese, herbs, Chillilicious Cheeky Chillililli and leeks in a bowl and stir in well.
- Add the egg, cream, and seasoning and mix again.
- Divide the mixture evenly into pastry cases and return to the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the filling has just set.
- Serve warm or cold, with an extra garnish of Chillilicious Cheeky Chillililli and enjoy!
Recipe created by Leeanne Laing of SRUC Elmwood College
Winner of The Chillilicious Cook Off 2014