Marinated Salmon Sushi with Chillilicious Jamaican Me Crazy! Chilli Jam
30g Chillilicious Jamaican Me Crazy! Chilli Jam
200g salmon fillet
1 lime (juice and zest)
260g Japanese sushi rice
70ml cider vinegar
25g fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- Place rice in a bowl and rinse 3 times with cold water. Fill bowl back up with cold water, making sure the rice is submerged, and leave for 20 mins.
- Place 20g of Chillilicious Jamaican Me Crazy! Chilli Jam, 2g of salt, lime zest and juice in a food processor and blend until you have a smooth marinade.
- Place salmon on a microwavable plate and cover the surface of the fish with the marinade. Cover in clingfilm and leave for 10 minutes.
- Drain rice, transfer into a pan, add 270ml water and cook on a high heat until water starts to boil. Turn heat down low, place on lid and leave to simmer for 10 mins.
- Place clingfilm covered salmon into the microwave and cook for 3 mins on high. Check core of salmon is cooked. Remove skin and flake.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl then pour into a non stick frying pan and scramble until they have the appearance of popcorn. Transfer into a bowl to cool.
- In a food procesor blend the remaining Chillilicious Jamaican Me Crazy! Chilli Jam, cider vinegar, sugar and salt until smooth. Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Transfer rice to a large bowl and pour in the warm vinegar mix, allow to cool.
- Divide all ingredients into 4 and assemble sushi using a mould or clingfilm to help roll the rice. Place rice at the bottom of the mould, then the salmon flakes followed by eggs and a sprinkle of chopped coriander.
Recipe created by Mayumi Sekiguchi of SRUC Elmwood College
Runner Up of The Chillilicious Cook Off 2013